The death of a friend or family member is always a difficult time, and the burden of administering their estate is probably the last thing on your mind. Our specialist team can support you through the entire process. In addition we can also act for you as executors and provide tax planning advice.
Our probate services are managed through our company Darnells Estate Management Limited, a company accredited with ICAEW to undertake non-contentious probate work in England & Wales.
Our services includes the following elements:
- Establishing details of the assets and liabilities of their estate
- Preparing final accounts and tax returns
- Preparing estate accounts
- Calculating inheritance tax position and completion of the IHT forms
- Obtaining the Grant of Probate
- Administering the estate including payment of taxes due
- Distributing estate assets
- Advising in respect of any post-death variations to the estate and potential tax consequences of these
The time taken to undertake probate work varies reflecting the size, value and complexity of the estate and the specific services required. Our probate fee estimates are based on anticipated time input and hourly charges of the staff or partner involved, which will vary depending on the complexity of the estate. Our average fee is in the region of £5,000 – £7,000 for a gross estate of £1,000,000.
The hourly rates used by our team members are as follows:
- Director – £180
- Senior Manager – £120
- Clerks – £70
- Administrator – £25
A detailed quote can be provided following a review of the estate.
Meet our Probate Practioner
Louisa Norton FCA CTA
Each department focuses on providing specialised and personalised service and our team is here to help you.
Whatever your circumstances and ambitions, we have the expertise you need.
We are approachable, flexible and 100% dedicated to helping you achieve your goals.