Careers with Darnells
We are a Chartered Accountancy and Business Advisory practice based in Devon, offering a comprehensive range of accountancy and business services.
Founded over 70 years ago, our service is customer-focused and our experienced team, led by six Partners, works with a wide range of clients – from individuals to large companies, throughout the UK.
Our combined experience has allowed us to build an in-depth knowledge of various sectors – including the agriculture, construction, education, professional services and tourism industries. In addition to these, we have also gained a very well-respected reputation within the realms of Healthcare, Forensic Accounting and Professional Partnerships.
Alongside Darnells Chartered Accountants & Business Advisers, we have a separate division, Darnells Wealth Management Ltd, whose qualified and knowledgeable experts work with clients on a variety of Financial Planning services such as investments, retirement planning, income protection and portfolio management.
We do not just give our clients ‘a hand’ with their accounting, auditing, payroll and tax-related needs; through our holistic approach, we take their needs ‘in hand’ and help them to shape their businesses for their future.
If you feel that you would like to be part of our energetic, exciting and professional team, please get in touch.
Autumn 2017 – PA to Partner
We are currently seeking to recruit a PA to work closely with the Partners of the firm. The successful candidate will be ACCA/ACA qualified, with at least 7 years’ Practice experience.
The job specification is below, but is not exhaustive.
- Reviewing clients
- Giving tax advice
- Meeting clients
- Ensuring files are correct prior to meetings and that all information has been handed over to the Partner
- Undertaking ad-hoc specialist work
- Managing junior staff and delegating work
- Working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience in audit work
- This role will need someone who is really centred and focused on their role
- We work to tight timesheet deadlines so a methodical approach is required
- Knowledge of candidate must be equivalent to that of a Partner
- Someone who can think 2-3 steps ahead of the Partner they are working for
- Good organisational skills are essential
We are looking for an extremely capable general typist and Administrative Assistant to join our busy Exeter office based in Barnfield Road, Exeter.
The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office or equivalent packages.
Driving licence preferred but not essential.
Job would entail:
- Copy / audio typing / Maintaining office data on Excel / Mailshots;
- Preparing letters and printing accounts;
- Reception duties including answering the telephone and greeting clients;
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post, distribution of post around the office;
- General ad-hoc office duties;
- Preparing and posting invoices to clients of the Exeter office.
If you thrive on working to tight deadlines, enjoy working as part of a close-knit team and have a positive approach to working under pressure, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm with one hour for lunch, flexibility may be required at times.
Salary: to be discussed
Please be aware that training will be undertaken at our Newton Abbot office.